Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Kensey's 6th Birthday!

So I am about a month behind on all my posts, but I am just now catching up with reality and sleep. Even though we are heading into the busy Christmas season, I am trying to just relax and enjoy my family.

Kennedy's 1st birthday is now over with and birthdays are behind me until next fall! Yay!! It makes me really sad to know that they are another year older and that their birthdays have past. But at the same time, I am so relieved to not be preparing for parties anymore. I can now walk into Hobby Lobby without feeling like I want to cry!

So this was Kensley's first birthday party where it was strictly friends and no family. She absolutely loved it!! I was really nervous about it because usually I do all the planning and take care of ever last detail for the party, and this time the party place just told us to show up. It turned out being really cute, and it was just what she wanted!

We did a "Popstar" themed party, since Kensley's fav right now is Miss Montana! We had her party at a new boutique in town that also does glitter spa parties. We choose the runway model package where all the girls got the get manicures, makeup, and dress and but on a fashion show. Can I just say that at 5 and 6 these little girls already know how to work it!! SCARY!! Every one of them knew just what they wanted their makeup and nails to look like and each couldn't wait to put on the big fancy dresses. I have a feeling Cabe and I aren't gonna be prepared for the teen years with our girls. Ha!
This is all the girls that were at Kensley's party, and the sweet lady in the middle is Kensley's Kindergarten teacher!! Is that not the sweetest thing ever that she would come on a Saturday to a students party. Such a blessing to us that she is her teacher!

Cutest cake ever!! Kensley loved it!! I can not believe my sister can make things like this, and it tasted amazing too!

After the party, we had a little birthday celebration out at our house and then went trick or treating. Kensley was a ladybug(but when I got her costume I realized it was really a lovebug), Klayton was Clifford the Big Red dog (I have to say that was the cutest big red dog I have ever seen!), Kennedy was a bunny rabbit, and Carson was a Transformer.

The kids had such a good time, especially Klay. He held his bag open the entire time, it was too funny!!

This is really so so sad that my first little baby is now SIX years old!! She is such a sweet, loving, smart, funny, girly girl! We couldn't be more proud of her and she couldn't have her daddy more wrapped around her bright hot pink nail polished fingers!

No comments: