Thursday, October 15, 2009

Dogs... and other stuff

Two weekends ago we went to Jet's field trials because they were close to our town. He had been gone at training for nearly three months and we were all really missing him. The field trials can be a little tiring because you are out in the middle of no where pretty much all day, but they are still alot of fun. He was running for a finished pass, which he got on both Saturday and Sunday. I didn't get that many good pictures of him, but I thought this one of him leaping was really neat. I captured it right when he was realized to go get the ducks. The other is one of my favorite pictures Jet, even though it was taken by Cabe's phone, it is still one of my favorites.

He is now home with us as of Sunday. Cabe drove to Memphis after lunch Sunday with Kensley and Klay while Kennedy and I did 10 loads of laundry! I was so relieved to get it all done, I was having a minor break down seeing it all piled up. Reason for it being all piled up was nothing from the unusual like having to wash sheets that got pee peed on, and tons of baby stuff. But I was sick in bed three days last week and it put me so far behind. Cabe had to take over the role of Mr. Mom and it was very funny. The first night of him preparing dinner I sat down and noticed he had sweat rolling down his face. I asked him what was wrong and he said "That was exhausting getting everything done and dinner on the table in time!" I wanted to bust out laughing but the poor guy had gone to all the trouble of making us dinner so I remained polite. Hopefully that is the only cold I get for the season, it is no fun being sick, especially since mommies don't get sick days. All the kids have had their flu shots and now this week I have to go get mine. Hubby opted not to get one for his horrible fear of needles.


I had to show this adorable picture of my friend Lindsey's dog Willow. She is just the cutest little thing and we loving having her come play at the house. She doesn't know what to think of the kids because they usually take off chasing her and Kennedy won't leave her alone. (Kennedy is in love with all animal, but mostly dogs!! She will squeal "dog dog" whenever we are around one.) Willow was showing out one night when we got home from going to the movies so I decided to get some pictures of her. She does this little head tilt when you will say something to her. It cracks me up!
Kennedy was sporting one of her ponytails the other day and she looked so cute, I just wanted to share the picture. Her hair has gotten so long in the front that when we don't pull it back or put a bow on it hangs in her eyes. This little one is almost one! I was at the doctor's office yesterday getting Kensley her flu shot and their was a new mom with her daughter in for their newborn check up. I just stopped and stared, I thought how I am through with all of those days and my season in life is now changing to school meetings and a house with just toddlers. Kensley herself was really intrigued by the baby and started talking about Kennedy when she was that little and how she missed her. It is just one of those times in life that go by so fast and you wish you could remember every part of it.

I would post a picture of my new hair cut and color except that it is HORRIBLE!!! I am having a really hard time letting it wear on me. I wanted all of my highlights taken out and my natural brown back with just a few auburn low lights. Well I got really really dark brown hair with ALOT of red highlights. I was just sick once I got to the car and realized how dark my hair really was. I called my friend pretty much in tears and told her she must come look at it. She excepted to be shocked but she said she really liked it and it was trendy. The only problem is I don't think I'm a trendy girl what so ever. I'm gonna wear it for a few days and see if it grows on me. My hair dresser said she did it darker because it will fade, but I'm not real sure it is going to fade into the brown I was wanting. Until then I may just go out with a hat on all the time.

2 comments:

Heather said...

PLEASE post a picture of your hair!! :) I love that sweet ponytail on Kennedy! And I teared up at the mention of being "done" with the newborn stuff....have I mentioned before that it is SO HARD for me to think about?!?!? :)

Brad, Julie, and Peyton said...

Katy! It was so good to hear from you on my blog, and I am so glad you blog! Your family is so precious, especially little Kennedy! I laughed out loud when I read about Cabe, it sounds just like Brad! They don't understand that they get off work and we don't ever! I bet your hair is precious! So good to hear from you, tell everyone we said hello!