Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

This is Little Turkey Lurky on her first Thanksgiving! She slept through most of the day, while I ate way too much! Oh well I have an excuse right now, just nourishing myself so I can nurse. Ha,ha! Thanksgiving turns out to be a great time to have a child, because you come home from the hospital starved and you have so much food brought to you for Turkey day!

We stayed at the house considering I just got home from the hospital yesterday evening. Mimi brought out all the food, and Cabe fried our turkey. I am usually designated to make the deviled eggs, but this year I didn't cook anything, so a sweet family friend Pam made us 3 dozen deviled eggs! Yeah I'm gonna be sick off those! They are my favorite as well as the kids.



This year I got Kensley interested in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. I watch it every year while cooking and getting ready to go the family's houses. This year we have been reading the book about how the parade got started so she was very interested to see what it was all about. She just loved the big balloons like Dora and Snoopy! She also loved watching all the dance skits be performed. I'm glad I've got a new little buddy to watch it with me each year.


After our lunch had settled we had some pie!! Yumm-O! Klayton's new favorite thing this thanksgiving has been pumpkin pie. He had it at Kensley's school lunch and kept going back for more. He was too cute siting on the fireplace eating pie and watching Miracle on 34th Street.


Hope everyone had a very blessed Thanksgiving! I know this year I have even more to be thankful for. My precious new baby is so healthy and the most beautiful little thing ever!

No comments: