Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Crib makeover

Today I spent again a good part of the day picking out a new couch. I have had so much to do all week that has been put off for other things, but I guess that's okay nothing to big. I picked out the new couch today and I'm so excited about it!! I think it is going to go great in our living room. It has a real rustic look and the coffee table matches perfect.
Cabe has been so thrilled to be having one of those I told you so moments lately. So back when we were building our new house we sold our old couches because they were very large and wouldn't fit in our living room. We went with a semi-sectional which is practically the only thing that will go. I have never really gotten to pick our furniture by myself for the house, so this was really important to me to get my style. I found one I liked and they had it on the floor, so that was perfect, I could get it delivered right when we moved in. This couch has been nothing but a nightmare. I think we got one with some bad fabric, because it just looks awful. You would think we had it for years when really it is only months old. After battling with it and the company who made it, we now were graciously given back a credit at the store we bought it to trade out.
So yesterday I had to go square all the business out of trading it, and also pick our something new. I wasn't going to dare do it on my own this time because Cabe has given me such grief over the couch he was never crazy about. I love it, but we did get bad fabric so it was a shame to see it go to waste. We also have been trying to decide what we are going to do with Kensley's room since her and the baby are going to share.
We have been trying to figure out how to arrange the placement in the kids rooms so that they each have their space. I think it is going to work out fine with the girls sharing, because the baby will be in our room for a long time. Yes I am one of those mothers, with the crib in her room. I know I'm starting a bad habit, which we have never broken with Kensley. But I am up all night with them anyways, and they don't really need a whole room. So I got the girls the most precious bunk beds to share when she is older. For now they are really for Kensley, and she is super pumped! She loves bunk beds when we go to furniture stores, but she also loves the big princess things that hang over the beds from the ceilings. We couldn't go with that option because there is no way be can fit two beds and all the other furniture in the room. So soon we will be redoing her room. I can't wait to surprise her with a totally girly room.
I will post pics when Kensley's room is done and when the couch gets in. I wish I had some of those decorating skills like so many talented people, but it just takes me forever to get the perfect vision of what I want. In our case the house is lacking some character because of it.
If anyone has some cute ideas for a ballerina themed room, I would love the help. I am looking for someone really talented to paint a canvas banner for me with one of my favorite sayings on it.

On another note for the day, it was really cute at dinner tonight when I told the kids we were going to play a new game while we ate together. A couple of weeks ago, Pastor Rick was telling us a story of how his family goes around the table saying something they are blessed with that day. So I told the kids we were going to say something God blessed us with today, and also someone we wanted to lift up in prayer today. When I said mine, I told the kids I was praying today for John McCain who is running for president. So Kensley went next and she said I'm also praying that sweet Mister John is our president! I just cracked up and tried to explain that Mister John from Chick-fil-A isn't going to be the new president. I think the kids would be fine with that however, they would have suckers galore!
I love the funny things kids say, it always amazes me with their little words and the way their world is!

No comments: