Monday, September 29, 2008

Grandparents Day

I have had this in the draft folder all month long waiting on getting a picture of Mimi's plate, but I just gave up and decided to post it. These are the plates the kids painted for the grandparents in celebration of their special day. Every year I tell myself I'm not going to forget it, but I do. This year I was way on top of things. We made these plates at a local pottery studio, which the kids loved doing. And I even prepared a big lunch for after church.

Kensley made the grandparents each a letter from preschool that told what she liked most about them, and what they did when they spent time together. It was so funny to see what she wrote. I don't think any of it held true, I think she was put on the spot at school and used another childs idea. Ha,ha! She said her Mimi's favorite place to eat is Pizza Inn, which anyone who knows her, can tell you that she is at Chili's on a daily basis. She will rotate from her favorite restaurant and eat the same thing, I don't know how Kensley could forget. She will say to her "Mimi I don't want to eat Chili's or Crackerbarrel!". Cabe and I just crack up, because it is so... true. She did say all of her grandparents favorite thing to do is spend time with her and Klay. I thought that was very sweet, and I know for the most part they wouldn't rather do anything else in the world.

So even though I don't have the pictures of Mimi's plate, I thought I would post on Grandparents Day. We love each on of you very much, and I hope the kids get special things from each of you. Also we love our greatgrandparents, Granny, Gigi, and Mammaw. I'm so happy the kids have all generations in the family to tell them stories and pass on traditions. I know Kensley and Klay already have memories of each grandparent they they will be able to tell their children.

Its funny the things we do get from our grandparents, I am a die hard Lucy fan, and Nick at Nite watcher because of my Gran. Then everytime I hear wheel-of-fourtune, or play Old Maid with the kids I think of my Granny. Cabe can tell you that he remembers baking with his Mammaw. (Thanks for the awesome chocolate chip cookies! Our kids are truly Soffos' with these!)



(Klay was so worn down and he finally gave out before the party was over. He doesn't want to miss a thing when company is at the house, but he just couldn't play any longer. )

1 comment:

LeeAnn said...

Katy,
I check your blog often and always enjoy reading your thoughts and looking at the pictures. Everytime I look at it I think what a wonderful lady you are and how well you take care of your family. I am almost envious of the talents you possess. Cabe and the kids are very blessed to have you as the heart of their home.
Love ya,