Saturday, August 16, 2008

Little girls Love their Daddy


I am so thankful for my husband! Truly, I am so happy God blessed our marriage, family, and children. Cabe is away at the Denver Broncho's game, and Kensley has been in a total Daddy meltdown.

I have been shocked all weekend, how her behavior and mood has changed since he hasn't been here. This is the longest Cabe has been away from the kids, and me for that matter, in a long, long time. I know he hates leaving us, but we wanted him to go to the game. We knew he would love every minute of it.

However, Kensley proved a whole new side to me this weekend. She is a total daddy's girl!! I always tell Cabe what an important role he plays in her life, but I had no clue truly how much she needed him. Things that usually excite Kensley, like Chick-fil-a, shopping, and movies do nothing for her without her daddy.

We had to go shopping today for last minute school items, and some other stuff. Even though most of the stuff bought was for her, she cared less about it. Every word from her was "When is daddy coming home?".

Last night her Aunt Ninny came over and watched movies with us, and she sat in the corner and cried for Daddy.

It is breaking my heart for this little girl. I am thankful God gave her Cabe for a Daddy, and that she plays just as big a role in his life as he does hers. Since she was born they have had an amazing bond. I love to watch their relationship grow as she gets older. I talk to him sometimes about what I think she will be like when she is older, and I know without a doubt she will look to him to alot.

So everyone keep Cabe in your prayers as he travels home, and pray for Kensley. As a mother, you hate when your child aches.

We are off to bed, she has a tummy ache. I don't know if she is really sick, or if it is her nerves. I guess if I am woken up in the middle of the night we will find out which one it is. To get her calmed down for bed, I gave her one of Cabe's undershirts with his cologne on it. That was an instant smile from her :)!! Yeah!

No comments: