Thursday, March 6, 2008

Facing the Giants

I would like to pass on a great movie recommendation that I was told about from several of the dance moms. Facing the Giants is a wonderful family movie that has great meaning and not to mention some football. There is something about those football movies that just always touches a soft spot in my heart.




We watched this movie tonight, and though both kids fell asleep and didn't see it all, it is one I approve of them viewing. I love all the scripture quoted in this movie! It is so rare these days that there are movies or any media out there to praise God. This wasn't a huge box office hit, but worth a ton of compliments. I had been told about this from some great ladies from my daughters dance class and they all said it had been passed on to them and they now own it. Well can I tell you, we will be purchasing this one. I am passing this movie suggestion on because it brings out what we really need to be watching and letting our children watch. I think my daughter could even gain alot from this movie because she soaks up so much and it amazes me the deep thought she can puts into everything.

Well that was my little tidbit of favorite things right now. I'm going to get the snow gear ready for the kids in the morning because, yes again Arkansas is getting snow in MARCH! They are calling for a foot of snow and since or old faithful weather man happened to be right on Tuesday, I stocked up at the store just in case.

6 comments:

Fenrisar said...

See Here

Amy said...

Just stopping over for the party.

That was a really great movie. Considering they were not real actors or script writers, it was pretty impressive and had a great message!

Have fun at your party!

Lesley said...

Thanks for the recommendation on the movie. I didn't realize that Arkansas got so much snow. I live in Western NY, where we got 18 inches the other day, and more on the way tomorrow.

Lesley
www.pillowcasetalk.blogspot.com

Storm said...

Nice to meet you. Happy blogging!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Some one was telling me about this movie... Have a fun party... take care...

BrineS said...

I'm inviting you to party with me!

Win some chocolate from my-sister-in-law and I...we blog about CHOCOLATE...me from Australia...and her from Michigan. Here's the link: http://thechocolistas.blogspot.com/2008/03/ultimate-blog-party-2008.html

What am I doing in Australia? I married an Aussie...and moved to Brisbane, leaving my family and friends and all the right-side-of-the-road drivers in America.

Win a handmade pocket place mat from my blog Comfort Joy Designs. Here's the link:
http://comfortjoydesigns.blogspot.com/2008/03/ultimate-blog-party-2008.html

Want to know more about life in Australia? Visit my A Cup of Joy site where I keep up with my family and friends in America. Here's the link:
http://acupofjoy.wordpress.com/

Happy Partying!